A Joke That is a Play on Words is a
Examples of Puns for Kids: Wordplay for Laughs & Learning
A pun is a joke that makes a play on words, typically past using words that audio similar merely have different meanings. Information technology can likewise apply unlike meanings of the same word to make the maxim funny. While some puns volition likely simply be understood by adults, age-appropriate puns for kids can exist a slap-up way for young ones to acquire how to play with language likewise.
puns for kids with a cartoon knight
Puns That Start With a Question
Perhaps the oldest joke formula of all time is where yous pose a rhetorical question and the reply is a clever pun. Here are some bang-up pun examples for kids.
- How practice turtles talk to each other? By using shell phones!
- Why are teddy bears never hungry? They are always stuffed!
- What was the reporter doing at the water ice cream shop? Getting the scoop!
- What exercise baseball players eat on? Home plates!
- What did the judge say when the skunk walked into the courtroom? Odor in the courtroom!
- Why did the lion spit out the clown? Because he tasted funny!
- What’south purple and 5,000 miles long? The Grape Wall of China!
- What practise you call a knight who is afraid to fight? Sir Render.
- Where does a boat go when it’south not feeling well? To the dock.
- What did the rocket say to the astronaut? Accept a blast!
- What kind of block practice ghosts like? Eye-scream cake!
- How practise you lot compliment a gardener? Your veggies are a-maize-ing!
Puns Well-nigh Animals
Funny animal puns ever become over well with children. Short puns like these are especially smashing for kiddos.
- A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
- A skunk fell in the river and stank to the lesser.
- The Energizer Bunny was arrested and charged with bombardment.
- Why did the chicken cantankerous the playground? To get to the other slide.
- Why did the spider go to the computer? To bank check his web-site.
- What practise you get from a pampered moo-cow? Spoiled milk.
- Where does a rat go with a toothache? A rodent-ist.
- What do you phone call a hard-working ant? A acuity-pismire student.
- Why can’t dogs become a driver’south license? They can’t parallel bawl.
- Why did the turkey cross the road? To prove he wasn’t chicken!
- Where practice polar bears vote? The Northward Poll.
- What do you go when yous cross a serpent and a pie? A pie-thon!
- What do you lot telephone call a sleeping balderdash? A bull-dozer.
- What do you telephone call a bear without any teeth? A gummy deport.
- What’s a cow’s favorite hymn? A-maize-ing Grace.
- What practise butterflies slumber on? Cater-pillows.
Puns Almost Aquatic Critters
Fish, shellfish and other creatures that live in the sea surface area also smashing fodder for kid-friendly puns.
- Why are fish then smart? Because they alive in schools.
- What would you lot telephone call a crocodile who steals? A crook-odile.
- Where would a shrimp become to get a loan? The prawn store.
- Who would loan coin to a fish? A loan shark!
- Where does a whale go to get its teeth straightened? An orca-dontist.
- Where does a fish continue its money? The river bank.
- Why is information technology and so hard to detect a pearl in an oyster? Because oysters are shellfish.
- Why do shrimp make proficient surreptitious agents? If I told y’all, I’d take to krill yous.
- Where’d yous get those shells? I squid-napped them from the beach.
- Why did the kids go fishing with their friends? Pier force per unit area.
- Which fish is the biggest influencer? The star fish, of course.
- What kind of whale is the saddest? A blueish whale.
Puns most the joys of nature tin be piece of cake for kids to empathise. Not only are these puns entertaining, but they can also help go kids interested in learning about nature.
- What did one wetland say to the other? Testify me your mussels!
- Nosotros’re going to the beach for the holidays. It’ll exist a family shell-ebration.
- Don’t take hiking for granite.
- Do yous like backpacking? Yes, it’due south in-tents!
- Is the forest beautiful? Information technology’southward unbe-leaf-able.
- How would you describe rock climbing? Climb and penalisation.
- What did the tree article of clothing to the pool? Swimming trunks.
- How practice you know the sunday will be back tomorrow? Information technology’ll dawn on you.
- Why is the beach moisture? Because the sea weed.
- What kind of waves will you meet on a tiny beach? Micro-waves.
- How does the bounding main say farewell? Information technology waves.
Kid-Friendly Food Puns
Some of the funniest puns out there are about things to eat. Kids are sure to find these funny food puns hilarious.
- What’southward grandma’s favorite fruit? Elder-berry.
- How do you fix a broken tomato? With tomato paste.
- When does a banana need to see a dr.? When it is peeling poorly.
- What should you say at a salad bar restaurant? Lettuce eat!
- What would a true cat social club in a Mexican eating place? A purr-rito.
- Tin I take some of that cheese? No, that is nacho cheese.
- Where does footing beef go to party? A meat-brawl.
- What soup practise Santa’s helpers dear the most? Elf-abet soup!
- What did babe corn ask mommy corn? Where’s my pop corn?
- What fruit do twins like all-time? Pears!
- What does bread say when it gets besides warm? It sure is toast-y in hither!
- This spaghetti squash is an impasta!
Skillful Puns for Schoolhouse
Kids are familiar with all things school-related. They’re probable to find puns about what they’re familiar with to be hilarious punny jokes.
- Of course I ate my homework! The teacher said information technology’s a slice of cake.
- The Easter play is a corking eggs-tra curricular action.
- The school festival is canceled? That’south no fair!
- Set up for back to school? It’due south autumn in a day’s work.
- What’s wrong with your math volume? It has too many bug.
- Who is the boss of the classroom? The ruler.
- Why did the kid climb the tree to study? To get a higher education.
- The marine biological science seminar is for educational porpoises.
- Don’t exist afraid of using a computer. It won’t byte!
- What are y’all studying in math? Everything under the sum.
- Where did the water ice foam man go to school? Sundae school.
Keep the Laughs Going
When you lot’re fix to dig into more jokes that lean on clever wordplay, at that place are notwithstanding plenty of laughs to be enjoyed. Take a look at these examples of puns for inspiration. Then, bank check out puns in literature to see more from some of the greats.
A Joke That is a Play on Words is a