In this serial, nosotros are exploring unlike learning styles. The first style the brain can procedure information is through images.
Traits of visual learners
Visual learners understand all-time when they run into information. They may not sympathise spoken instructions. Visual students like diagrams, flowcharts and graphs, and they notice handouts helpful, where they can write down what they hear or see as it is being described. Visual learners observe small details, then volition remember faces instead of names, and they tend to like balance. They are often repose students who like to read, draw and do craft. They volition watch a situation before getting involved. Visual learners express themselves through creativity.
Visual learners are known to:
- make plans
- make decisions by writing lists
- accept a strong imagination and fantasize a lot
- understand projects as a whole.
Visual learners ofttimes piece of work in areas such as art, mode, technology, computers and mathematics.
Learning strengths of visual learners
Visual learners tin can remember 75% of what they encounter or read, so they take lots of notes. They have a expert sense of direction considering they can read maps. Their dear of remainder means they tend to be neat. They often practise well in form tests because they remember where the information is and can see it written down. They may like colour. They may also like to be looking at a person who is speaking because information technology helps them focus.
Learning strategies for visual learners
Recognising if you are a visual learner is a nifty starting indicate. If y’all recognise these traits in your children, or the children you are working with, yous can help them to learn these strategies likewise.
If you are a visual learner, write downwards the information people tell yous and try and work on your own in a quiet identify. Study works all-time if yous:
- await at headings and pictures before reading whole sentences
- highlight of import words in color
- write down goals of projects
- sit in a place where you can easily see the teacher
- write your own notes and use charts, maps and graphs where possible
- use hands-on and practical tasks such equally edifice models or doing case-studies – this manner you can show that you know how to do something rather than write down steps
- connect new information with concepts you already know and then you empathise topics as a whole
- brainstorm and use diagrams and mind maps to show how everything you are learning fits together.
If yous are didactics a visual learner:
- Apply lots of dissimilar technology to present information such as PowerPoint, videos and photos.
- Organise information well with headings and pictures.
- Let the educatee be creative and employ their imagination.
- Later reading information, ask students to close their optics so they can picture what they take only learnt.
- When pedagogy, explicate to students the reason they demand to acquire the data, and how it volition affect them. Always encourage discussion.
- Use handouts.
- Make certain at that place are no distractions.
Side by side: Read all virtually Auditory Learners
You can find out more than well-nigh visual learning at the following websites:
- What is my Learning Style?
- ILSA Learning Styles
Can Picture the Teacher in Their Mind