Definition: Organizing is the 2nd central direction part, after planning, which coordinates human efforts, arranges resources and incorporates the two in such a style which helps in the achievement of objectives. It involves deciding the ways and means with which the plans tin be implemented.
It entails defining jobs and working relationships, assigning different tasks associated with the plans, arranging and allocating resource, design a structure which distinguishes duties, responsibilities and regime, scheduling activities, in order to maintain smoothness and effectiveness in operations.
Characteristics of Organizing
Organizing has the post-obit characteristics:
- Segmentation of Labour: Work is assigned to the employee who is specialised in that work.
- Coordination: Dissimilar members of the organization are given unlike tasks to perform when all the tasks are put together logically and sequentially, it results in the objectives, so coordination is required.
- Objectives: Objectives need to be specifically defined.
- Authority-Responsibleness Construction: For an constructive authority responsibility structure, the position of each manager and executive is specified, every bit per the degree of the authority and responsibility assigned to them, while performing the duties.
- Communication: The techniques, catamenia and importance of communication must be known to all the members.
Process of Organizing
Organizing is the core function which binds all the activities and resource together in a systematic and logical sequence. It encompasses a number of steps which are pursued to attain organizational goals. Now, we volition talk over those steps in detail:
- Identification and partition of piece of work: Organizing process begins with identifying the piece of work and dividing them every bit per the plans. Basically, the work is classified into different manageable activities, to avoid redundancy, and sharing of work is encouraged.
- Departmentalization: After classifying the work into different activities, the activities having a like nature are grouped together. This process is called every bit departmentalization which facilitates specialization and forms the basis for creating departments.
- Consignment of the task: After the formation of departments, employees are placed in different departments nether a manager, called every bit a departmental managing director. Thereafter, employees are assigned the jobs as per their skills, qualifications and competencies. For the effectiveness of the performance, the manager must ensure that at that place is a proper lucifer between the job and the incumbent, i.east. the right person has to be placed at the correct job.
- Establishment of organizational hierarchy: Deployment of work is not all, the employees must be aware of whom they have to report and who can requite them orders. Hence, work relationships demand to be established clearly, which helps in the creation of a hierarchical structure of the organization.
- Provision of resources to the members: Organization and deployment of resources such as money, materials, supplies, and machine, etc. which are of import to behave out day to day operations of the organization.
- Coordination of efforts and scheduling of activities: The final step to this process is the coordination of efforts and scheduling the activities in a logical and systematic manner so that the common objectives tin can exist accomplished effectively.
Importance of Organizing
Organizing is integral to management as information technology facilitates the smooth performance of the enterprise. The importance of organizing is as nether:
- Advantage of Specialization: Organizing helps in the classification of jobs systematically amongst the workforce, which helps in the reduction of workload, as well as improved productivity. This is because the organization will get the benefit of specialization wherein workers will perform specific piece of work on a regular basis, co-ordinate to their competency.
- Describes work relationships: The definition of piece of work relationships describes the menses of communication and determine the superior-subordinate relationship. This removes confusion and chaos, in getting orders and instructions.
- Effective utilization of resource: Organizing function ensures the all-time possible utilization of resource whether it is human, fabric, fiscal or technical. This is because jobs are assigned to the employees which avert overlapping and duplication of work.
- Adaptation to change: Organizing process helps the organization to survive and adapt the changes, by making substantial changes in the strategies, hierarchy, relationships, etc.
- Development of personnel: Organising encourages creativity in executives. Delegation of authority reduce their workload and they get time to identify new methods to perform the work. It likewise enables them to explore new areas for their growth and development.
In a nutshell, with organizing the manager brings guild out of disorder, removes confusion with respect to work and responsibleness, and frames an ideal surroundings where all the members of the system can work in tandem.
Explain the Three Ways of Organizing Concepts